The MCKAY Library will Remain Temorarily closed.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Following the example of the other campus libraries, and with an eye toward fostering
health for all of us in the School of Music community, the Emma Ray Riggs McKay Music
Library is temporarily closed. Please watch this space for any updates and further
information. Though we may be closed, there are virtual resources available, summarized
1. Library Tutoring services and research consultations
- Although our physical location is closed, the library will continue to offer musicianship and theory tutoring online. Please contact a tutor to arrange an online appointment.
- We will continue to offer research consultations and other reference services related
to music. There are two ways to access this service:
- 1. Contact the music librarian to arrange an online appointment during a convenient time.
- 2. Drop-in daily office hours: You can drop-in for online assistance from 12pm-2pm,
Monday to Friday. Access the Zoom drop-in hours at this link:
- https://lms-utah.zoom.us/j/94415387437(Note that if you are accessing Zoom with a mobile device like an iPad, you'll need to use the Zoom app. on your device.)
2. Checking out McKay books and equipment:
- If you need a book/books/adapter/camera from the McKay collections, we can help you. We can check an item out to you and arrange for pickup in the library, curbside, or by mail.
3. Scanning for Course Reserves and Emergencies:
- We continue to offer scanning services as needed. Contact us at email@example.com.
- The Marriott Library is offering electronic ILL. During the closure, they won’t be
lending or borrowing physical items at all--however, they will continue to provide
It’s also important to note that they can fulfill order requests for ebooks. If you have ILL needs, the Marriott contact is Rick Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org). To request an ebook purchase fill out this electronic form.
5. AVAILABLE REMOTE SOFTWARE
- The Marriott Library has a list of AVAILABLE SOFTWARE that one can use at home. You need to use the OFF-CAMPUS LOG-IN in order to use it. Please read their directions to log-in. If you are having trouble connecting, please email us and we will help you as best as we can.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA
- We are on Facebook and will also post updates there: https://www.facebook.com/mckaymusiclibrary/
7. When will we Open AGAIN?!?
- Believe us when we tell you that we can't wait to open and we miss you! We are following the lead of Salt Lake City and the central administration as we move toward the yellow phase when we can possibly open. See resource links below for further COVID-19 information from the campus.