Following the example of the other campus libraries, and with an eye toward fostering
health for all of us in the School of Music community, the Emma Ray Riggs McKay Music
Library will extend the closure of our physical location through the end of April,
with a possible opening on May 8 at 9:00am. Please watch this space for any updates
and further information.
The MCKAY Library will Remained closed until May 8, 2020.
E-mail email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Though our physical location is closed, the following physical and remote resources are available:
1. Library Tutoring services and research consultations
- Although our physical location is closed, the library will continue to offer musicianship and theory tutoring online. Please contact a tutor to arrange an online appointment.
- We will continue to offer research consultations and other reference services related
to music. There are two ways to access this service:
- 1. Contact the music librarian to arrange an online appointment during a convenient time.
- 2. Drop-in daily office hours: You can drop-in for online assistance from 12pm-2pm
daily. Access the Zoom drop-in hours at this link: https://zoom.us/j/308826273
(Note that if you are accessing Zoom with a mobile device like an iPad, you'll need to use the Zoom app. on your device.)
2. Checking out McKay books and equipment (Available as long as the School of Music remains open):
- If you need a book/books/adapter/camera from the McKay collections, we can help you. We can check an item out to you and leave it for you to pick-up at the main office front desk. The main office hours are currently M-F, 8am-5pm.
3. Scanning for Course Reserves and Emergencies (Available as long as the School of Music remains open):
- We continue to offer scanning services as needed. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Marriott Library is offering electronic ILL. During the closure, they won’t be
lending or borrowing physical items at all--however, they will continue to provide
It’s also important to note that they can fulfill order requests for ebooks. If you have ILL needs, the Marriott contact is Rick Anderson (email@example.com). To request an ebook purchase fill out this electronic form.
5. AVAILABLE REMOTE SOFTWARE
- The Marriott Library has a list of AVAILABLE SOFTWARE that one can use at home. You need to use the OFF-CAMPUS LOG-IN in order to use it. Please read their directions to log-in. If you are having trouble connecting, please email us and we will help you as best as we can.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA
- We are on Facebook and will also post updates there: https://www.facebook.com/mckaymusiclibrary/
7. School of Music COVID-19 Information
- For information on how the School of Music is moving forward during this time, visit https://music.utah.edu/news/coronavirus_impacts.php
Other RElevant Campus sites:
MARRIOTT LIBRARY COVID-19 WEBSITE
University COVID-19 Website
- For more up to date information from the University of Utah, visit https://dps.utah.edu/coronavirus/