Forms & Applications
Music Minors and Non-Music Majors
All music minors and non-music majors interested in enrolling in private lessons for Spring 2022, please complete the online application.
- Music Minor and Non-Major Private Lesson Application
Incoming Freshman and Transfer Students:
All new music majors registering for private lessons for the first time must complete and submit the Music Major Private Lessons Application.
Returning/Continuing Music Majors:
If you took private lessons this semester (Fall 2021), you will automatically recieve a private lesson code via your UMAIL for the upcoming semester (Spring 2022).
If you did not take private lessons Fall 2021 and are interested in taking private lessons for Spring 2022, please complete and submit the music major private lesson.
- Music Major Private Lesson Application
- Composition Private Lesson Application
If you have any questions about private lessons please contact Michelle Addison.
Please complete a separate form for each course
- Faculty Consultation and PhD Continuing Registration
- Independent Study
- Individual Coaching (Vocal Majors)
- Recital Course Application
- Recital Scheduling Request
- Recital Scheduling Policy (MUST READ)
- Temporary COVID-19 Recommendation for Recitals (MUST READ)
- Recital Program Guidelines
However, if you are unable to enroll in a course through CiS and the course is a:
- Music Theory course, please use this form.
- Music History course, please use this form.
- Pedagogy (or other) course, please use this form.
- General Education course (MUSC 1010, MUSC 1236, MUSC 1460, MUSC 2100, MUSC 3600) or an Ensemble, please contact the course instructor or ensemble director directly to request a course permission code.
- Exception to Policy Form for Undergraduate students, please contact Dr. Jared Rawlings, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Music Technology Minor Application
- Certificate in Music Entrepreneurship Application
- Exception to Policy Form for Graduate students
- Qualifying Examination Form
- Graduate Transfer Credit Authorization Form
- Request for Supervisory Committee
- Request to Schedule Defense
- Request to Schedule Oral Exam (MM students)
- Bibliography Waiver Form
- DMA Related Field Approval
- Assistantship Application
- Program of Study Worksheets
- MA Musicology
- MM Choral Conducting
- MM Collaborative Piano
- MM Composition
- MM History and Literature
- MM Instrumental Conducting
- MM Instrumental Performance
- MM String Performance & Pedagogy
- MM Jazz Studies
- MM Music Education
- MM Organ Performance
- MM Piano Performance
- MM Piano Performance & Pedagogy
- MM Theory
- MM Vocal Performance
- DMA Choral Conducting
- DMA Instrumental Conducting
- DMA Instrumental Performance
- DMA Piano Performance
- DMA Vocal Performance
- PhD Composition
- PhD Music Education
Private Lesson and Special Course Applications for Spring 2022 due January 7, 2022 at 5pm
for continuing Graduate
Students are due