Forms & Applications
Private Lessons Applications
The hyperlinks to private lesson applications are now closed for Spring 2023. Anyone needing to apply late will need to email David Fox.
Starting Spring 2023, all students will need to submit a private lesson application every semester in which they wish to enroll. The deadline to submit private lesson applications is Friday, January 6, 2023 at 5:00 PM (the Friday before the semester starts). If you have not received your class number by 5:00 PM Wednesday, January 11, 2023, please contact David Fox.
Applications are now organized by area, rather than degree type.
- Brass Private Lessons Application Spring 2023
- Classical Guitar Private Lessons Application Spring 2023
- Composition Lessons Application Spring 2023
- Conducting Private Lessons Application Spring 2023
- For any lessons with a Jazz emphasis, including Jazz brass, Jazz guitar, Jazz piano, Jazz percussion, Jazz strings (bass),
Jazz woodwinds, or Jazz composition:
Jazz Private Lessons Application Spring 2023
- Organ Private Lessons Application Spring 2023
- Percussion Private Lessons Application Spring 2023
- Piano (and Harpsichord) Private Lessons Application Spring 2023
- Strings (including Harp) Private Lessons Application Spring 2023
- Voice Private Lessons Application Spring 2023
- Woodwind Private Lessons Application Spring 2023
If you have any questions about private lessons please contact David Fox.
Special Course Applications
Please complete a separate form for each course
- Faculty Consultation and PhD Continuing Registration
- Independent Study
- Individual Coaching (Vocal Majors)
Recital Applications and Policies
- Recital Course Application
- Recital Scheduling Request
- Recital Scheduling Policy (MUST READ)
- Recital Program Guidelines
Undergraduate Class Permission Code Requests
Except for private lessons, course permission codes are NOT normally needed to enroll in music courses; please go to CIS to enroll in the course.
However, if you are unable to enroll in a course through CiS and the course is a:
- Music Theory course, please use this form.
- Music History course, please use this form.
- Pedagogy (or other) course, please use this form.
- General Education course (MUSC 1010, MUSC 1236, MUSC 1460, MUSC 2100, MUSC 3600) or an Ensemble, please contact the course instructor or ensemble director directly to request a course permission code.
Please fill out the above form ASAP to secure priority but be aware that if you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite couse, a permission code cannot be issued until after final grades are submitted.
- Exception to Policy Form for Undergraduate students, please contact Dr. Jane Hatter, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Music Technology Minor Application
- Certificate in Music Entrepreneurship Application
- Exception to Policy Form for Graduate students
- Qualifying Examination Form
- Graduate Transfer Credit Authorization Form
- Request for Supervisory Committee
- Request to Schedule Defense
- Bibliography Waiver Form
- DMA Related Field Approval
- Assistantship Application
- Program of Study Worksheets
- DMA Choral Conducting
- DMA Instrumental Conducting
- DMA Instrumental Performance
- DMA Piano Performance
- DMA Vocal Performance
- MA Musicology
- MM Choral Conducting
- MM Collaborative Piano
- MM Composition
- MM Instrumental Conducting
- MM Instrumental Performance
- MM Jazz Studies
- MM Music Education
- MM Organ Performance
- MM Piano Performance
- MM Piano Performance and Pedagogy
- MM String Performance and Pedagogy
- MM Theory
- MM Vocal Performance
- MM Vocal Performance and Pedagogy
- PhD Composition
- PhD Music Education
Card Reader Access
School of Music Instrument Rental
- Instrument Rental Agreement
- String Study Instrument Rental Agreement
- Marching Band Rental Agreement
- Summer Instrument Rental Agreement
- Instrument Rental Fee
- Marching Band Instrument Rental Fee
Private Lesson and Special Course Applications for Spring 2023 due Friday, January 6, 2023 at 5:00 PM