Practice Room Policy
- 2020-2021 Practice Room Policy (Must Read)
Practice Room Fee 2020-2021
- $60 - Music Majors
- $100 - Piano Performance Majors
- $100 - Music Minors and Musical Theatre Majors
- School of Music will not be able to accommodate non-music majors (except Musical Theatre Majors), faculty and staff access to practice rooms for 2020-2021.
Practice Room Scheduling 2020-2021
Students will be required to schedule a time to use a practice room each week. Limit to one hour per day total. Piano Performance/Pedagogy majors are limited to 2 hours per day. Each Friday by 5 PM the next week schedule will be posted for students to sign up for Monday – Sunday. Sign up times will be monitored and anyone signing up for more than 1 hour per day (2 hours per day for Piano Performance/Pedagogy majors) will have any additional times deleted. You must vacate the practice room at the end of your signed-up time block. The rooms must a half hour of no occupancy. During the weeks of online only learning the practice rooms will not be available.
Percussion, Harp and Organ students
Practice rooms will be scheduled through Dr. Sammons for percussion (DGH 166, DGH 170, DGH 190, and DGH 276); Dr. Clayton for harp (DGH 228); and Dr. Udy for organ (DGH 278 and DGH 104B).
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home and do not use the practice space.
- Bring your own music stand.
- Wash your hands before entering a practice room.
- Wear a mask and maintain at least 6 feet of physical distancing as you enter (and exit) a practice room.
- Only enter the practice room to which you signed up. Do not enter practice rooms not assigned to you.
- Use a disinfecting wipe to wipe doorknobs, light switches, piano keys, and piano bench knobs. Avoid wiping finished wood surfaces on pianos and benches. Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are stationed outside practice rooms.
- All students must wear a mask at all times in practice rooms.
- Students must follow all rules regarding practice room start and end times.
- Wash your hands after exiting the practice room. In general, practice good hygiene – wash your hands frequently, carry hand sanitizer if possible, and try not to touch your face.