Student Advisory Committee SAC
Student Advisory Committees (SACs) are student leadership groups within each department of the College of Fine Arts that promote communication and interaction among students, faculty, staff, and administrators. The Student Advisory Committee provides students with more opportunities to offer their voices and perspectives at the departmental level. SACs are both a social and an academic organization within their department and as such they advance involvement opportunities, encourage participation in departmental activities, and work together with others to build the campus community.
- FAF Grant applications due to SAC chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00pm on Friday, September 25, 2020.
- SOMe Festival 2021
- This year the SOMe Festival is expanding to include the whole College of Fine Arts!
- Monthly SAC Meetings (open to all students and faculty) on Mondays (check our Facebook page for time/location details)
What do we do?
- Promote academic and social activities.
- Encourage collaboration with other student organizations.
- Provide service opportunities.
- Assist in the faculty RPT process.
- Build campus community at the University.
Projects we have been involved with
- New furniture for the Engebretsen Student Lounge, sponsored by the Advisory Board
- New furniture for the Bruce Bastian Atrium, sponsored by the Advisory Board
- New furniture on the 4th floor outside Dumke Recital Hall
- More involvement in the faculty RPT process
- FAF Grant Workshop
- More practice rooms
- Attend our meetings on Monday afternoons
- Fill out this form to join the SAC
- Submit a suggestion or idea to our Suggestion Box
- Email us at email@example.com
Click here to learn more about Student Advisory Committees within the College of Fine Arts. If you’d like to learn more about Fine Arts Fees Grants, you can visit the FAF Grant website. For further information about the School of Music’s Student Advisory Committee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.