Student Advisory Committee SAC
Student Advisory Committees (SACs) are student leadership groups within each department of the College of Fine Arts that promote communication and interaction among students, faculty, staff, and administrators. The Student Advisory Committee provides students with more opportunities to offer their voices and perspectives at the departmental level. SACs are both a social and an academic organization within their department and as such they advance involvement opportunities, encourage participation in departmental activities, and work together with others to build the campus community.
- Monthly SAC Meetings (open to all students and faculty) on the first Tuesday of every month (check our Facebook page for time/location details each month)
- FAF Grant applications due to SAC chairs by Friday, Feb 9, 2018
- SOMe Festival 2018
What do we do?
- Promote academic and social activities.
- Encourage collaboration with other student organizations.
- Provide service opportunities.
- Assist in the faculty RPT process.
- Build campus community at the University.
Projects we have been involved with
- New furniture for the Engebretsen Student Lounge, sponsored by the Advisory Board
- New furniture for the Bruce Bastian Atrium, sponsored by the Advisory Board
- More involvement in the faculty RPT process
- FAF Grant Workshop
- More practice rooms
If you are interested in getting involved with the SAC, you can always attend our monthly meetings (the first Tuesday of every month from 5:00pm – 6:00pm. Or you can sign up to join the SAC today, by completing this form. If you’d like to know of other ways you can get involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about Student Advisory Committees within the College of Fine Arts. If you’d like to learn more about Fine Arts Fees Grants, you can visit the FAF Grant website. For further information about the School of Music’s Student Advisory Committee, please contact us at email@example.com.