Temporary Covid-19 Guidelines 2022
MASKS AND BELL COVERS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED:
1. Masks are strongly recommended indoors. N95 or KN95 masks are recommended.
2. All students should wear a mask in rehearsal.
3. Singers should wear masks while singing.
4. Wind instrument performers may pull down their masks while playing their instrument, but should immediately put it back on securely, when not playing. Please consult with your ensemble director.
5. Bell covers are expected for wind instruments. MERV-13 filtration material and
rubber bands are available at the Music Office.
1. Students in ensembles must get tested for Covid-19 at least once a week, within 2 days of the ensemble rehearsal, and report their results through the Canvas page for the ensemble (or per the ensemble director’s instructions). Rapid/non-invasive testing is available free of charge and without an appointment for asymptomatic individuals at several self-serve locations across campus. Please visit https://alert.utah.edu/covid/testing/selftest/ for locations and information.
2. Students enrolled in ensembles that meet more than once a week should get tested twice a week.
3. Students testing positive must not attend ensemble rehearsals (or any classes) and must isolate. Please follow the 5-5-5 rule at https://alert.utah.edu/covid/After 10 days of isolating or after receiving a negative Covid-19 test, students testing positive may stop self-isolating.
4. Students will not be penalized for missing in-person rehearsals due to illness and/or a positive test result.
5. Students and faculty exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid-19 must follow the steps at: https://coronavirus.utah.edu/steps-to-take/
The School of Music will monitor CDC recommendations regularly and update these requirements as needed. Please discuss any questions/concerns with your ensemble director.