Organ Tuition and Fees
|Preparatory Division General Fees 2023-24|
|Tuition includes: weekly group class. Materials info below.|
|Tuition includes: eight bi-weekly, 60-minute lessons each semester|
Each student participating in the Preparatory Division must sign a liability waiver at the beginning of each academic year. Download the waiver here,
Payment of Preparatory Division tuition and fees must be made online
- Preparatory Division programs are full-year, but billed on a semester basis.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Tuition payments made after the 15-day grace period will be charged a late fee.
- Upon registration, you agree to observe all the rules and regulations of the Preparatory Division. You will be responsible for payment of all amounts you owe the university, i.e.: tuition, fees, fines, etc. By registering, you agree to make payments promptly and acknowledge that payments will be applied to charges determined by the university. By registering, you also agree to pay reasonable collection and /or attorney's fees necessary to collect any outstanding balance on your account(s).
- Collection Fees: the Preparatory Division actively pursues to the fullest extent of the law all financial obligations due including, but not limited to, holds on future registration, liens against income tax returns, referrals to collection agencies, or litigation. Any fee or financial obligation if not paid when due is subject to collection and/or attorney's fees.
- Requests to withdraw from the Program must be submitted in writing to the Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Assistant Director, email@example.com. Verbal requests will not be honored.
- Refunds will not be offered once the semester or camp has started. Please see calendar for dates.
David Gardner Hall - Room 104B
|Tuesday 101||11:00 am|
|Tuesday 101/201||7:00 pm|
|Thursday 201||11:00 am|
|Saturday 101||9:00 am|
The organ classes use the “Organ Tutor” by Don Cook.
Class instruction is offered for pianists in basic organ manual and pedal technique, organ registration and hymn playing. Class size is limited to six students who learn through teacher instruction and computer tutorials installed on six two-manual/pedal church model electronic organs.
As the student progresses, they will advance to more challenging hymn playing, registration, repertoire, and accompanying skills. Class size is limited to six students who learn through teacher instruction and computer tutorials installed on six two-manual/pedal church model electronic organs. 201 may be repeated.
Private Organ Lessons
Students receive eight 60-minute, bi-weekly private lessons per semester. Private lessons offer students the opportunity for individualized instruction from qualified organ instructors.
Intermediate piano skills are required.
Organ shoes are required. You can find organ shoes online at store.organmastershoes.com.
Students are required to purchase materials needed for courses. Materials can be purchased online. All Organ 101 students must purchase an on-line subscription and organ book. Please choose from the following option below.
Here is the link to purchase a 6-month subscription.https://creativeworks.byu.edu/CreativeWorksStore/ProductViewDetail?ProductId=3&SiteID=40
Here is the link to purchase a 3 year subscription.https://creativeworks.byu.edu/CreativeWorksStore/ProductViewDetail?ProductId=1&SiteID=40
Here is the link to purchase the PDF of the organ book.https://creativeworks.byu.edu/CreativeworksStore/ProductViewDetail?ProductId=10&SiteID=30
Here is the link to purchase a hard back copy of the organ book.https://www.ardpublications.com/otw.html
|August 1||First installment of tuition due|
|August 28||Classes begin|
|September 4||Labor Day Holiday*|
|October 8-15||Fall Break|
|November 23-24||Thanksgiving Holiday*|
|TBA||Fall Concert, Libby Gardner Hall|
|December 16-Jan 7||Winter Break*|
|January 1||Second installment of tuition due|
|January 8||Spring semester begins|
|January 15||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday*|
|February 19||Presidents’ Day Holiday*|
|March 3-10||Spring Break*|
|TBA||Spring Concert, Libby Gardner Hall|
*no private lessons