Guitar Tuition and Fees
|Preparatory Division General Fees 2022-23|
|Tuition includes: weekly group class and materials|
|Schedule||Day and Time||Location|
|Guitar l (10 yrs - Adult)||Tuesday 4:00||
FAW, Room 110
|Guitar II (10 yrs - Adult)||Tuesday 5:00||
FAW, Room 110
Each student participating in the Preparatory Division must sign a liability waiver at the beginning of each academic year. Download the waiver here, sign and mail to the address below.
Payment of Preparatory Division tuition and fees can be made online or by mail.Preparatory Division
1375 E Presidents Circle
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
- Preparatory Division programs are full-year, but billed on a semester basis.
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Tuition payments made after the 15-day grace period will be charged a late fee.
- Upon registration, you agree to observe all the rules and regulations of the Preparatory Division. You will be responsible for payment of all amounts you owe the university, i.e.: tuition, fees, fines, etc. By registering, you agree to make payments promptly and acknowledge that payments will be applied to charges determined by the university. By registering, you also agree to pay reasonable collection and /or attorney's fees necessary to collect any outstanding balance on your account(s).
- Collection Fees: the Preparatory Division actively pursues to the fullest extent of the law all financial obligations due including, but not limited to, holds on future registration, liens against income tax returns, referrals to collection agencies, or litigation. Any fee or financial obligation if not paid when due is subject to collection and/or attorney's fees.
- Requests to withdraw from the Program must be submitted in writing to the Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Assistant Director, email@example.com. Verbal requests will not be honored.
- Refunds will not be offered once the semester or camp has started. Please see calendar for dates.
The guitar classes use Hal Leonard guitar method-complete edition and the Aaron Shearer Classic Guitar Technique
This is a group class for children 10 years and older, teens, and adults with no previous experience on the guitar. Students will learn beginning note reading and chord skills.
This is for students who have had previous instruction on the guitar. Students must have basic note and chord reading skills. To register for this class, students must have approval from the instructor. Please call 801-581-7811 for information.
Semi-annual recitals offer the opportunity for students to demonstrate their progress to family and friends, and help students develop self-confidence and musical mastery.
Successful, satisfying music study is dependent upon consistent, daily practice. Practice time to be determined by group guitar instructor. Young students need parental supervision of all practice periods and require a practice setting free from distractions.
Students need to provide classical or steel string guitar, pick, tuner, and extra set of strings. Materials are included in the tuition fee.
There are no make ups for missed classes. A copy of the lesson plan will be emailed to students not in attendance.
|August 1||Tuition Due|
|August 22||Classes begin this week|
||Labor Day Holiday**|
|November 24-25||Thanksgiving Holiday**|
|December 11-Jan 8
|January 1||Tuition Due|
|January 9||Classes begin|
|January 16||Martin Luther King Holiday**|
||President's Day Holiday**|
|March 5-12||Spring Break**|
|April 25||End of Semester Concert|
|** No classes or lessons|